Contact us and we will ask for the following information:
- Where and when you are planning to do a bike drive, we keep records so that you won't overlap streets with previous bike drives.
- When you would like to schedule a drop off day for.
- If you are an Eagle Scout Applicant, bring your Eagle Scout Workbook to us for signing -- please fill out the proposal prior.
- Print out our door knob flyers. Expect a 10% return on flyers, so for every 10 houses you flier, you will get 1 bike donated.
- Just like a food drive, distribute the flyers annoucing a pick up day and distribute them a week prior. As a point of reference, it can take two people two hours to distribute 200 door knob flyers by bicycle.
- Coordinate your volunteers to help pickup the bikes and spread flyers -- you will need to borrow or rent trucks and/or trailers.
- As scheduled earlier, drop off the bikes at our Community Bike Shop and give us any unused flyers.
- Go the extra mile and organize a day to fix the bikes. If you are an Eagle Scout Applicant, this also helps fill your other scouts fulfill bicycling merit badge requirements. You can use our shop, tools and one of our volunteer mechanics. Check out our Community Bike Shop hours for times and call one of our shop managers to schedule an appointment.
Download: Door knob flyer design